(Pursuant to Section 516 of the Real Property Tax Law)
Notice is hereby given that the Final Assessment Roll for the Town of DURHAM,
Greene County, N.Y., for the year 2019, has been completed and verified by
the undersigned assessor and a certified copy thereof was filed in the office of the
Town Clerk of the Town of DURHAM at 7309 Route 81, DURHAM, N. Y. on the first
day of July, 2019, there to remain for public inspection.
Gordon W. Bennett
Our Durham Recreation program will begin July 1st and run through to August 9th, 9:30 to 12 noon, Monday through Friday. The program is open to all children 5 years old and up. Any children under 5 years may come with a parent. The registration form is attached. You can also sign your children up when you bring them to the park.
ASSESSOR SEEKS DATA COLLECTOR
As a Data Collector, you will measure the exterior and physically inspect and record pertinent elements and associated information for properties throughout the Town of Durham. The position requires a self-motivated individual with a unique combination of analytical and communication skills, along with the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Inspect residential properties to ensure that property records reflect current and accurate property characteristics and information.
- Collect detailed property data and take physical measurements, while verifying information via interview with property owner or occupant if available.
- Record new and/or updated information including the sketch of property improvements.
- Ability to read maps and locate a physical location on a map.
- Good math skills to calculate square footage, ratios, and similar functions.
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter, goal -oriented and able to work with a team and independently.
- Car, valid driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance.
- Satisfactory background check
This posting is for work in Durham, NY.
Job Type: part-time
Salary: Start at $14.00/hour; $16.00/hour after competency achieved
- High school or equivalent
View job specifications and download job application @ www.durhamny.com. Apply in person or send job application and resume to Assessor, 7309 St Rt. 81, East Durham, NY 12423
Located in the beautiful Northern Catskills, the Town of Durham offers the advantages of a rural lifestyle with quick and easy access to New York’s dynamic Capital Region and the Tech Valley. And Metro New York is less than 2-1/2 hours away via the New York Thruway or Amtrak.
Excellent local schools combined with four season recreational opportunity in the surrounding Catskills and the Hudson River Valley; including many vacation destinations in the Town of Durham. All of this makes the Town of Durham a great place for a vacation home or a full-time residence.
We hope to see you soon!