TOWN OF DURHAM
GREENE COUNTY, NEW YORK
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON FIRE PROTECTION CONTRACT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that a public hearing will be held by the Town Board of the Town of Durham, Greene County, New York at the Town Hall, 7309 Route 81, East Durham, NY on December 7, 2021 at 7:30 PM in the evening for the purpose of considering contracting with the East Durham Volunteer Fire Company for fire protection to be furnished by said Company to the East Durham Fire Protection District on the following general terms:
- The Fire Company shall answer and attend upon all fire calls within the foregoing Fire District and shall provide emergency service in the case of accidents, calamities, or other emergencies in connection with which the service of firefighters would be required for a period of one (1) year.
- For such service the Fire Company shall receive the sum of $145,838 in the year 2022.
- Any loss or damage sustained by the fire apparatus or equipment of the said Fire Company in its performance of said Contract shall be borne by it and not by the Town.
- Each contracting party shall assume the obligations imposed upon it by appropriate statutes of the State of New York for medical expense, compensation or other benefits or claims arising by reason of injury or death of a firefighter or member of the emergency relief squad which may be sustained by reason of answering, attending or returning from any fire call within the district.
- Such other incidental terms as may be necessary and proper in connection with such contracting.
ALL persons interested in the matters will be heard at such time and place specified.
Dated: November 18, 2021
Janet Partridge, Town Clerk
Town of Durham