Assessor's Office Contact Info
Gordon Bennett, IAO
Sole Assessor(518) 239-8362
7309 Route 81
7309 Route 81
(Pursuant to Section 516 of the Real Property Tax Law)
Notice is hereby given that the Final Assessment Roll for the Town of DURHAM,
Greene County, N.Y., for the year 2019, has been completed and verified by
the undersigned assessor and a certified copy thereof was filed in the office of the
Town Clerk of the Town of DURHAM at 7309 Route 81, DURHAM, N. Y. on the first
day of July, 2019, there to remain for public inspection.
Gordon W. Bennett
ASSESSOR SEEKS DATA COLLECTOR
As a Data Collector, you will measure the exterior and physically inspect and record pertinent elements and associated information for properties throughout the Town of Durham. The position requires a self-motivated individual with a unique combination of analytical and communication skills, along with the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Inspect residential properties to ensure that property records reflect current and accurate property characteristics and information.
- Collect detailed property data and take physical measurements, while verifying information via interview with property owner or occupant if available.
- Record new and/or updated information including the sketch of property improvements.
- Ability to read maps and locate a physical location on a map.
- Good math skills to calculate square footage, ratios, and similar functions.
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter, goal -oriented and able to work with a team and independently.
- Car, valid driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance.
- Satisfactory background check
This posting is for work in Durham, NY.
Job Type: part-time
Salary: Start at $14.00/hour; $16.00/hour after competency achieved
- High school or equivalent
View job specifications and download job application @ www.durhamny.com. Apply in person or send job application and resume to Assessor, 7309 St Rt. 81, East Durham, NY 12423
The responsibilities for the Assessor's Office involve assessing properties for improvements, demolitions and revaluation of roll. In addition, we maintain assessment roll, files and the roll book. Also, we maintain all current and new property exemptions.
Forms & Links:
Homeowners Fact Sheet 2017
- NYS Office of Real Property
- Greene County Real Property Maps
- Rp467ins - Sr Partial Real Property Tax Exemption (Instructions)
- Rp467 fill in - Sr Partial Real Property Tax Exemption Renewal (Application)
- Rp467rnw fill in - Sr Partial Real Property Tax Exemption Renewal
- Rp425ivp fill in - Application for Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program
- Rp524ins - Complaint on real Property Assessment (Instructions)
- Rp524 fill in Complaint on Real Property Assessment (Application)