ASSESSOR SEEKS DATA COLLECTOR
As a Data Collector, you will measure the exterior and physically inspect and record pertinent elements and associated information for properties throughout the Town of Durham. The position requires a self-motivated individual with a unique combination of analytical and communication skills, along with the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Inspect residential properties to ensure that property records reflect current and accurate property characteristics and information.
- Collect detailed property data and take physical measurements, while verifying information via interview with property owner or occupant if available.
- Record new and/or updated information including the sketch of property improvements.
- Ability to read maps and locate a physical location on a map.
- Good math skills to calculate square footage, ratios, and similar functions.
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter, goal -oriented and able to work with a team and independently.
- Car, valid driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance.
- Satisfactory background check
This posting is for work in Durham, NY.
Job Type: part-time
Salary: Start at $14.00/hour; $16.00/hour after competency achieved
- High school or equivalent
View job specifications and download job application @ www.durhamny.com. Apply in person or send job application and resume to Assessor, 7309 St Rt. 81, East Durham, NY 12423